Friday, June 23, 2017

A Good-bye TWAS!

How do we only have 5 days left of school?! We've had a super busy 2nd last week of school. We were so lucky to have had our Activity Day on Tuesday - it turned out to be the nicest day all week! Please see an earlier post for a video! The students have been working so hard on their farewell posters. It's definitely one of my favourite things at the end of June. It's so fun to read all the lists and of course, see the adorable baby pics! We are looking forward to Monday! Today, all the Grade 4s and 5s were treated to a pizza lunch as a thank you for being student leaders this year. We also had NINE expert project presentations this week! I hope we can get to see a few more before the end of the year!!

Here's Kate's TWAS from her Kidblog account:


Hey guys,
To day is the.........*crying*..........last TWAS. I know.....very very sad. But I have a goal. I am going to get up to 1000 words. So to complete that goal I am going to add as much detail as I can! Lets do this:

On Monday we tested our science designs! Reminder: For science design we had to make things out of only scissors, tape and newspaper to block the sun when you are outside. But here's the catch, It had to stay on our heads while we run from the bus loop doors to the flag pole! The design worked great. It stayed to Ryeland's head as if it was glued to it Also we did BHS reads. I am still reading the book 'stick dog" It is a very good book with a lot of humor! Also we had our first expert project presentations. Me and Rhyann got to present. I think I did very well, and I had a lot of in formation about Patrik Laine! I had a lot of compliments and I didn't get very many suggestions. And I only said "I don't know" to one question. I feel very proud of myself for talking in front of my class and being confident in myself, I can't wait to see more expert project presentations! The last thing we did (or I ma going to share with you guys) is got the laptops and we finished up our farewell lists for our grade five posters. Ms. Wasney looked over mine and we printed it. The lists turned out great! 

On Tuesday we had.....field day! Our last field day ever at Bird's hill school. It didn't feel like the last field day. It felt like a normal field....but it wasn't. This year as a grade fiver we got to run a station! There were a variety of stations to choose from. But as soon as me and Katie heard baseball/softball we knew right away that we wanted to do that station. So it happened! We got to sign up for baseball/softball! And it got even better! Ryeland joined me and Katie! All of us were so happy for field day! Then in the afternoon (after hot lunch-hot dogs and hamburger) we got the opportunity to do some of the activities. So me, Ryeland and Katie did a lot of the activities and we all got either gold or silver! It was the best last field day ever!

On Wednesday we had health. In health we watched a video on how the girls with look like when they are all done puberty. I think it gave me a lot of info on how I will transition to a young girl to a big girl. I think the video was good! Also we had music. In music we presented our own songs that we created on the recorder to the class. Me and Isabella were partners so we presented together! We did awesome! We made a few mistakes but I think we would have done better if we got more practice! Also we did BHS reads. I practiced Ryeland's words with him! He is getting so good at reading! Then once I finished practicing with him, Katie did the test to him where we still practice his words with him but if he gets it right he gets a checkmark on the back and if he gets the word wrong then we put a question mark or an x. But he did not get very many questions marks or xs. 
On Thursday we had our last book buddies. For our last book buddies me, Willow and Kenzie got a circular speech bubble and we had to write or draw a picture of our favorite memory of book buddies! We wrote down our favorite memory of book buddies was when we had free time outside one time. That was seriously my favorite memory! Also it was the final day of the canteen ever...........I..........am...........speechless. It was so sad. I know, I know it felt like a normal day of the canteen. But it was sad. (ok I know, I am not speechless) Ok enough of that sad thing. Another thing we did was farewell posters. We started yesterday (Wednesday) But I forgot to write about that. I finished mine and it looks great. I added some sparkly borders around the lists and pictures and it looks amazing! I love my poster and I can't wait for everyone to see it!
On Friday we worked on our farewell posters, but as I just told you I finished so I started my comic life for term 3. I picked pictures from a variety of choices. And I have 6 pictures to put in my comic life. I added the pictures and I did the background. All I need to do is the speech bubbles  and the title. But I am a little nervous because we saved it but Ms. Wasney said " it isn't a guarantee that it is saved so I am crossing my fingers and saying "please be saved, please be saved". But we will find out soon! Also we did TWAS. I am now on the second thing of Friday. And I am trying so hard to get to 1000. I think I am going to get there but I just to have as many words as I can. So, how do guys like my TWAS so far? I am sorry if I missed spelled some words. Ok, another thing we did was health. All we had time to do today was read the questions from the question box. I think that every time we have more health classes we ask more questions. I think the answer is to that is because we are learning more and we have more questions to ask. Well, I think I did pretty well today, I beat my goal and I am glad! Goodbye and  hope to talk you again! Thank- you for reading my TWAS! Don' forget to comment below!

No comments: