Friday, June 02, 2017

A +30 TWAS!

How is it JUNE already?! This month is totally going to fly by! We've had another wonderful week at school. Today was definitely an exciting day. The Dog House Canteen sold Menchie's AND home made cupcakes! One hundred cupcakes were donated to the canteen, thanks to a friend of Isabella's family! 

Today all the grade fives did a 4 km "Water Walk". It was incredibly hot out, which was actually so fitting and made the walk feel that more authentic! In some countries, girls have to fetch the water for the family, and they are unable to attend school. Thank you to the parents that joined us! 

Here is Kate's TWAS from her kidblog account:

Hey kid blog readers!
Here's my TWAS!
On Monday we had a substitute in for Ms. Wasney! Her name was Ms. Allen. She was very nice! While she was in for Ms. Wasney we had book buddies! If you have forgotten my two buddies are Willow and Mackenzie! They are awesome buddies! We read some books! They were really good books! Also we worked on our expert projects! I found lots of great info and I got started on typing it on word! The next time we work on our expert projects I am going to try to finish on word!
On Tuesday we did our 30x30 nature challenge. We read! i read "dog lost" i am so close to finishing. I am so excited to finish it! Also we started working on our science quiz review! I did really good at the review (not to brag) and i found out that the review is harder than the actual quiz. So I feel really, really good about the quiz!
On Wednesday we did some long division word problems! They were really fun and easy. On some problems there wasn't enough room to write, I had to write sideways, it is hard to read but it worked! Also we started to mark our science quiz review. I did ok, I didn't read some of the questions right so i got a few wrong but all need to do is study and i will be fine!
On Thursday we voted on a table group design. Me and my friends table group design won! So we got to pick where we want to sit for the month of June first! For the month of June I am sitting with Katie, Isabella and Ryeland! This is going to be the best month ever! Also we started writing a letter to our next years teacher. We were are supposed to tell them all about ourselves as a person, so far I have wrote about my family, the places I have traveled to and about the dog house canteen! I am not almost done, but I will finish soon!
On Friday we had gym! We played 3 ball baseball. I got a grand slam! After I threw the 3 balls I got o second! I was so happy! After the next person went which was Kenzie, i got home! " Thanks Kenzie!" Also we went on our water walk for SPIN club! I haven't gone on the walk yet, but I know I am going to carry one jug of water. I am excited for the walk and not because it is going to be so hot. But I will survive! Thanks for reading my TWAS! P.S. sorry my TWAS is so short! Bye!




No comments: