Friday, June 05, 2015

A fabulous time at Camp Arnes!

Wow! I had a blast at Camp Arnes, and I know all the Grade 5s did too! We were busy every single moment! A BIG thank you to Mr. Anderson, Mr. Tustin, and Mr. Krenz for joining us for the adventure. We really appreciated your help, expertise, and energy over the last few days! I am so pleased that the weather was amazing . . . especially after looking at not-so-nice forecasts before we left! We didn't have a single drop of rain! Yay!

It was really funny on Thursday morning when we all saw each other at school . . . everyone was sharing their "souveniers" from camp (which included: bumps, bruises, scratches, mosquito bites, and LOTS of stories).

Here are some favourite memories from everyone in Room 31. Please look for the students' camp writing up on Kidblog!

Abbey - My favourite memory was the pool, archery, and the walk on the lake! It was so beautiful on the lake. I wish we were still at camp!

Adam - My favourite memory is zip lining because it was the highest thing at camp!

Archery
Aimie - My favourite memory is zip lining, archery, challenge course - high ropes, and the walk to the lake. We saw a dead fish cut open.

Andrew - My favourite memory at Camp Arnes was when we went to the corrals. I found their baby kitten and I called it, and it came to me.

Angela - My favourite memory of Camp Arnes was the Instincts for Survival game. I was partners with Aria and we were omnivores and we both survived the great wilderness!

Ms. Wasney got really muddy!
Aria - My favourite part of camp was Instincts for Survival game. For some reason, it seemed like it was the Hunger Games! I was an omnivore and I survived the attack of the animals!

Brett - My favourite memory was the Instincts for Survival game. I was an omnivore.

Caeden - My favourite memory of Camp Arnes is when I went on the zip line because it was my first time on a zip line.

Dobie - My favourite memory of Camp Arnes is the Zip Line because they said you could turn and go backwards. And I tried it and it was so fun!

Jaedan MV - My favourite memory is when we got to go to the lake.

Jason - My favourite memory of camp was playing Instincts for Survival. It was awesome!
Zip line

Jayden C -  My favourite part was zip lining!

Jessica - My favourite memory from camp was the high ropes! I loved that my friends pulled me high in the sky!

Karley - My favourtie part was when we went zip lining and archery.

Leif - My favourite part was the Instincts for Survival game because me and Brett were partners and we came in first.

Liam - My favourite part of Camp Arnes was doing fire and bannock for the first time.
Fire and Bannock

Matthew M - My favourite activity was zip lining because I overcame my fear of heights.

Matt P - My favourtie part was making the fire and bannock.

Sydney - My favourite activities were fire and bannock, zip lining, and EVERYTHING!

Tyler - My favourite memory was everything and the food was awesome. I want to go again!

Ms. Claydon - My favourite memory from camp was the archery! All the activities were so much fun, and all the kids were so great; so supportive of one another!

Challenge Course: aka - High Ropes
Ms. Wasney - I loved seeing the students get out of their comfort zone and into their "challenge zone"! I was so impressed with their bravery . . . especially on the high ropes and zooming down the zip line! It was awesome when they cheered one another on!

These pictures are from our Instagram account. Please be sure to click below to see a video of our time at Camp Arnes.

Toasted to perfection!

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

Lucky! You guys got to do archery, while I was stuck at Camp Stephens getting soaked in a kyak! I would have loved to go to Camp Arnes with you guys!