Thursday, October 09, 2014

TWAS . . . a 4 day week!

This short week FLEW by! The SPIN Club launched "Socktober", which has been successful so far! We also started Science Design, which has kept us really busy! Thanks to Angela for sharing her TWAS on the blog this week! All of the square pictures below are from our class Instagram account. You should follow us!




Again, this week went by in a flash!
On Monday, we started our weather vane project for science. A weather vane is an instrument that is used to show which direction the wind came from and where it is going. It usually has something on the top of it for the wind to push against. We are making our own weather vanes with an airplane of top! We called our weather vane the Air Crafter.

On Monday, we also made a flip value chart in math. We made it to help us with our math during large numbers term. We took a piece of paper and we cut it in a certain way so it’s like a book but with a whole bunch of flaps. We wrote a number (BIG) on the front of the flip chart and underline a number. Then we open it and we write the amount of the underlined digit. I thought it was cool I guess it will help at one point.

On Tuesday, our class made our own BHS playground expectations on the SMART Board. Well, not really we used the ones that already exist like keep hands and feet to you.  It was tricky, but if you cheat by looking in your agenda it’s not that hard. I promise I didn’t cheat.
On Tuesday, we had our R chart celebration! We voted on what we wanted to do on Monday, I think. We voted on a free time gym class and an extra computer lab. I wanted to do baking when we voted because I never get to do baking at home and it would be fun to make a yummy chocolate chip cookie of your own. OF COURSE! But baking only got three people, and that was a disappointment.

On Wednesday, we had…..WORD WORK WEDNESDAY! I and Aria never get any big words. I think the biggest word I ever got was six letters. But we do have some smarty-pants in our class. One time, someone almost got the eleven letter word just when we started. This time, the secret word was kind-hearted. I’ve never even heard of that word before. Oh well, that’s fine with me as long as I found a few words. 

On Wednesday, we started doing our science design. First Jessica made us a clay support to stick the dowel into. Then Aria made the north, south, east and west arrows. We stuck straws to the dowel using tape and with pins and clay. Once we got the directions on, I made the airplane the shows which way the wind is gusting. We had to change our plans, we were not going to put it on the top anymore, we were going to tape a loop of paper on the back to it will move

On Thursday, we had TWAS in the computer lab. Yes I am doing right now, right as you speak. Somehow I have 490 words wait no, 494. Somehow the computer is tricking me ha ha ha! I am writing about what I am writing about. Now doesn’t that make sense? Of course it does!

On Thursday I have to go into the future again! Ok here we go! ZOOOM! Ok here we are, oh hey look! There am me reading my book of Guinness book of world records sitting in the corner of the class. Wow! It’s cool to go into the future and watch myself. But at the same time, it’s very creepy.
 
All I have to say about Friday is……NO SCHOOL! (YAY)

By: Angela   
   

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like your T.W.A.S Angela

BRADY OCT.9 2014

Unknown said...

good twas angela




from:adam