Friday, February 01, 2013

TWAS

Brrrrrrr! Another week of indoor recesses! And today, it was so cold that the buses were cancelled! Room 31 had a total of 13 students show up at school today. Some students missed because of the buses and others are out for a hockey tournament. We were lucky to have a double gym class with Mrs. Tresoor's class, it was a nice treat! We are looking forward to spending the last two periods of the day with them as well!

Ms. Wasney told us about this contest for the Winnipeg jets. We have to tell them why our class would be a great class to visit. So, we each wrote down our reasons and Mrs. Wasney read them all and put bits and pieces of all of our stories and made a new story. So today she read out the story and we all liked it. And this morning she sent it to them and she clicked the submit button and we were all so excited.
Here is us entering the "Reading Takes
Flight" Contest! Our fingers are crossed
that we win!
In gym we are learning new wrestling moves I don’t participate in it because I have to take my glasses off and I don’t like taking off my glasses but our gym teacher lets me keep them on for that one class. And we had gym with Mrs. Tresoors class and we played dodge ball it was so fun. On Thursday we had a substitute his name was Mr. Yackobooski  it was funny because he used to work at Robert Andrews school and he used to teach my brother and sister so I went up to him and asked him if he knew my sister Courtney and he said yes so it was really funny. In French we are doing our own book and in have to draw a curling rink and people roasting marshmallows I still have to finish mine. In music we are practicing a song on recorder and we have to play it in front of the class with a partner my partner is Maddy and I don’t want to play in front of the class. In library I got out a drawing book and I’m going to take it home and draw. In choir we are working with the grade 4s for the music festival.
Here is the fun attendance for
February!
In social studies we watched a Renaissance video about European explorers and we are also doing a research project and I’m studying George Vancouver it is so fun.  In math we are doing mad minute for multiplication and in a minute I got 15 questions it was so easy and we are also doing estimation and it was called front end estimation it is so easy and fun. When we had book buddies they only had 7 people in their class it was crazy and Amanda’s book buddy was away so she went with me and my book buddy and we didn’t read a lot of books. Today when we got in to the classroom there was a new attendance on the SMARTBOARD it’s like a bow and arrow and when you tap it flies in to a big heart. We had silent reading for about 25 minutes and then we had a reading response and I was reading how big is a million it was a good book so I wrote about it. In science we learned about balanced and unbalanced forces and kinetic energy it was fun.
                                By Brooklyn  J                            


4 comments:

RYAN S. said... said...

Nice twas brooklyn

carly said...

Great T.W.A.S Brooklyn!!

Michael said...

Nice Twas Brooklyn!

jack said...

nice TWAS brooklyn