Friday, May 19, 2017

A week of Nature!

We've had an exciting week! Thanks to Ms. Ross for bringing in her blood pressure machine on Tuesday. The students really enjoyed testing their blood pressure and having their heart rates measured! It was an awesome activity for our study on the cardiovascular system! We also started Expert Projects. Everyone was super enthusiastic about having the ability to choose whatever they want to research. I thought I'd challenge the students with trying to choose something or someone Canadian; in honour of Canada 150! We participated in "outdoor classroom day" on Thursday - see previous post. It was a fantastic morning spent in nature.

Here is Isabella's TWAS from her kidblog account:

Monday
Today we had French and we had a little bit of time to practice and then we presented our French food script! I was partners with Nic and we worked really fast and we presented first! I was a little bit nervous but I only made one mistake with prenonsation. Today we also had 30x30 and we worked on our Manitoba cakes! I finished my background and then I had free time!
Tuesday
Today we had the best science class ever! Mrs. Ross brought her .blood pressure machine and we each got to do it at least once! The machine told us our blood pressure and our heart rate! Mine was pretty high because we had to do a minute of jumping jacks! Mrs. Ross told me that mine was really good after a minute of exercise! Today we also had gym and we did the endurance run. My least favorite part of gym. I got pared up with Kate and with the stick's I spelt her name and part of her last name! 
Wednesday
Today we did hand writing! We are learning all the lower case letters and then the capitals! We are still on lower case and today we learned a,c,d and g! g is one of my favorite letters to do! Today we also did poetry. We learned the 5W poems. You have to do 5 lines and each line has to do something with the 5 Ws.
Thursday!!!
Today we kept bugging Ms. Wasney about when we can tell the class that the Dog house canteen won the young humanitarian award so while we were in gym doing the strength-a-thon Ms. Wasney called Ray job that came to our school on May 2end after school to come take a photo shout of us! And he said that it just went public so at the end of the day there was a picture of us online and we finally got to tell the class! Today we also had outdoor class room day! We walked to the pits all around and we saw baby turtles and lots of nature and then we went to the memorial park and ate snack and played there. Montisori  was there and I saw my little cousin and he came up and gave me a huge hug! 
Friday
Today we had 30x30 challenge and we did a word search! Me, Katie and Ryeland worked together! We were done pretty quick so we got extra recess! Today we also had music and Ms. Knoll tested us on a recorder piece. I was in a group with Kate and Carson.
See you next week!





No comments: