Friday, January 27, 2017

A Bang On Week!

We've had a great week at school! Mrs. Rand worked all afternoon today to paint the lines on the curling rink. She has worked so hard to get it ready! She even came in for FIVE days on the Christmas holidays to flood it! Hopefully, we'll get a chance to be out on the ice next week! I snapped a pic as I was leaving school today . . . and the sky was amazing!

Here's Kate's TWAS from her Kidblog account:

Hey kid blog readers,
This post today I am going to talk to you all about my awesome week!
Monday: On Monday we did a really cool writing prompt! The question was "Which would you choose, to have 500 to spend on yourself, or 5000 to give a way?" I chose 5000 to give away to cancer care because I really, really REALLY want to find a cure and end cancer! We also had gym, and we did curling! We had to rotate each position by ourselves, set up positions by ourselves and count the pint by ourselves. But my team knew how to do it, so 
Tuesday: On Tuesday we had science and talked about kinetic energy and potential energy. Kinetic energy is when an object is moving and transferring energy to a stationary object. And potential energy is when an object is waiting for something to make it move. Then we watched a car commercial using every car part to make kinetic energy and potential energy. It was fun! We also had math and did the last page on the patterning booklet. It was a little stressful, but I got through it!
Wednesday: On Wednesday we had a SPIN club meeting about the new campaign we are going to do for the month of February! The new campaign we are going to be doing is.....drum roll please........selling RAFIKI bracelets! yayyy! I am so excited! We also had word work! I was so excited because we haven't done word work for a long time, since before Christmas break. We worked on homophones. B.T.W homophones are the same sounding word but mean different things. The words we were working with there, they're and their. it was fun to be getting back into working with words! 
Thursday: On Thursday some kids from Robert Andrews band came and presented to us their instruments and they told us all about the band program, and told us some great things! so now I don't know what to pick between band or art. We also had French and worked on a all about me French flip book! First we had to cut, then staple, then write, then colour! I just about finished mine, but need a little more time to finish!
Friday: On Friday we had gym with our book buddies! it was so fun! Except, my little buddy wasn't there, so me and Kenzie buddied up with Carter Grace and her buddy! We first did a warm up, then we played buddy tag! we had to stay with our buddy and try to tag as many people as possible! Then we played soccer! My team was a really good team! And plus, Ms. Wasney played on our team! She is a pretty good athlete! We also had hot lunch! We got Dominos pizza! I ordered cheese! And a few snacks! it was so good! I had a great bang on week!



No comments: