Friday, April 28, 2017

A cheesy week!

We've had a great last week of April! Okay, really, how did that happen?! I can't believe we're about to start MAY!!! I'm looking forward to doing David Suzuki's 30x30 Nature Challenge with the students. We will be going outside for 30 minutes everyday to appreciate nature . . . some days, we will take our work outside, go for a community walk, or just simply play! Fingers crossed the weather cooperates!

This week was the Handball Tournament. Twenty-three Grade 5 students represented BHS really well! We played against 3 other schools at Chief Peguis Junior High. We also studied the skeletal system, started division, tried out some poetry, and began working on a neat art job. As always, students enjoyed having hot lunch today! Thanks to the parent volunteers for helping out!

Here's Katie's TWAS from her Kidblog account . . .

Hey kid blog readers!!!
Monday:
On Monday we had book buddies and my book buddie is Rylee. So we had to pick a picture book and read it to them and me and Bella read press here that's why we were clapping if you heard us! We also read the book Ish and I rate it a 6 out of 10. We also had gym on Monday and in gym we played hand ball because the handball tournament was on Tuesday. So yeah! that is what we did on magical Monday well it wasn't really magical but what ever!
Tuesday:
On Tuesday we had the HANDBALL TOURAMENT! But I was terrible at goalie and I was also terrible at forward and center because I did not score any goals:( but it was still a lot of fun! We also had Music on Tuesday so we sang the music Monday song and we practiced the songs that we are performing on music Monday! so yeah:)!!!!! 
Wednesday: 
On Wednesday we were learning division just to get our minds back on to it. And I totally forgot that division is just multiplication backwards so yeah I totally forgot about that! We also had art but we only did step one because we had gym right after! And for step one we had to well Ms. Wasney had to rip up old book pages and she mixed up glue and water and then we had to put the glue water on the white paper and then we had to put the ripped up book pages on the paper and then we had to put some more glue water over again!:)
Thursday:
On Thursday we had poetry so we had to make list poems and I wrote about....
If I did the grocery shopping what would by?
And I wrote this
-Chips
-candy 
-Gum
-Chocolate
-Fruit
-Donuts
-Popcorn
-perogies
-waffles
-icecream
-Candy bars
-Chocolate milk strawberry milk and normal milk
-Cockies
-Ice tea
-orange juice
-apple juice
-koolaid jammers
-juice boxes
-oreos
-pancake mix
-etc.
So yeah we also had BHS reads again and most of you know I am reading because of Mr. Terupt So yeah
Friday:
Ok finally on to today:) So today we had ummm oh yeah we had.... HOT LUNCH and for hot lunch we had pizza and I got two peperoni and yeah. We  also had art step two of our art so what we had to do is paint over top and I used the color green (for grass) and then purple and blue and I love it:):):):):):):):):):):):):) 

No comments: