Tuesday, November 08, 2016

Science Design Project: Weather Vanes


In the last few weeks we have been working on and finishing weather vanes for science. For the design project we were working in groups. All groups have been working really hard to get these finished. All weather vanes are now tested and finished. The criteria we needed to follow were:
  • The weather vane indicates four cardinal wind direction (N,E,S,W)
  • Must be able to withstand two different wind speeds Low and high
  • Must be reliable during numerous tests
  • Uses only the materials provided
  • Design should promote the sky diving co.
  • The log book should be neat and have all questions completed

We thought it was so-so because we were working in groups and it was hard sometimes to work together.

We had a good time making these weather vanes!!!!

By: Kate and Katie

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ms. Wasney. I really liked how my weather vane worked. do you? I'm happy we did this!


Carter

Anonymous said...

I was very happy how are thing went out it did very well and if you can make one of these what would your thing be called? corbin

Anonymous said...

I loved the weather vanes. I am sure the next project will be fun. what is your favorite book?

Bye Lucas

Anonymous said...

hey MS wasney I still do not know how that worked but I hope we do something like that again because I want to use that for home.

By:Dylan

Anonymous said...


HEY MS Wasney I love the weather vane video but I had to miss a day for the making of the weather vanes because I was at the doctors witch sucks but I took one of the pictures.

from Nicole

Anonymous said...

Hey Mrs. Wasney I love the science design it was so fun to make.
Jace

Anonymous said...

Hey there Ms. Wasney
I cant believe how well all our science designs turned out! There was a few miner changes but non to serious!

Isabella

Anonymous said...

Dear Kate and Katie
You guys did an awesome job on writing about the science design. Good job

Kate

Anonymous said...

Dear Ms. Wasney
I loved the weather vane design project. I also loved working in a group! I thought our group worked the best together.