Friday, November 04, 2016

A Spooktacular TWAS!

I was greeted with many cheers and hugs on Tuesday, after being away for 2 days in Churchill! What a way to start a week! We worked with the laptops for the first time this year to complete our TWAS this week. Here's Livia's . . .

On Monday we had a substitute teacher named Ms. Ragolsky. The most exciting part of the day was our Halloween parade. All the students and teachers at BHS gathered in the gym in their costumes. I was dressed up as a minion. We would take turns walking around the gym to some sick tunes. We also had a Halloween PARTY! We had snacks and watched the Peanuts Movie on Netflix. Michael brought cheese balls for the party. They were a BIG hit!

On Tuesday we moved into new spots and made new name tags. The name tags were shaped like moustaches. We moved spots and now I am sitting with Jonah, Lucas, Carter, and Madelynne. The class voted on a new horseshoe shaped like design. Today I also finished my Halloween glyph. I started it last week with Mrs. Kohut. I had to cut out eleven ghosts because that is how many people are living in my house. 

On Wednesday we worked more on our science design project. In case you forgot we are making weather vanes. It was very stressful because we worked so hard on it and then while Ms. Wasney was testing it with a blow dryer it totally crashed to the ground. We also had library. I got a craft book as well as a book called I love to draw dogs. I am so happy because I found my books that I supposedly never ever seen in my life. 

On Thursday we got another chance to fix up our science design project. We made it as stable as we could and let Ms. Wasney test it again. It actually worked. It was not the best weather vane ever but at least it worked. We also did step one of a new art project. We had to paint one half of a piece of paper blue and the other half green with water colour paint. 

On Friday we had a writing prompt. It was if you could have one super power what would it be. I said I would like the power to read peoples minds because if we have a test I could look right through Ms. Wasney and find out the answers. We also had IBL with Ms. Booth. We are researching Aboriginal groups. 

By: Livia



IBL with Ms. Booth

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Ms. Wasney
I love working on IBL with Ms. Booth, she makes it so fun. I love it when she freezes our computers and when we walk in she has something written on our computers and if a particular person is doing something there not supposed to do she types that on the computer with their name or description of where they are sitting LOL



Kate