Friday, June 24, 2016

Grade 5 Farewell!

Today, we had the Farewell for the Grade 5s. It's always a tradition that the Grade 4s sing for the Grade 5s. This year was especially nice since our class is a 4/5 combined! Rebecca did a wonderful job representing our class as our valedictorian! (Read her speech below.) A big thank you to Mrs. Tresoor and Ms. Booth for creating the video with memories that was shown today. Also, thanks to Mrs. Knoll for coordinating the Grade 4 Recorder Club and Choir, and Ms. Rand for helping with sound and serving cake! Thanks to Emmy and Alyssa; grade seven students, that spent their day off helping us put up the farewell posters in the gym. Those two girls were my Kindergarten, Grade 3, AND Grade 5 students! It was so great to see them! And finally, thanks to all the students who helped Mrs. Dyck and I clean up the gym after it all! It was a great day!

Grade 5 Farewell video: memories from Krista Wasney on Vimeo.



Rebecca's Valedictorian Grade 5 Speech
Speaking up here right now, makes me a nervous wreck. But, it feels good to be in front of you guys and gals. Have you ever had that feeling, when you're about to present and your excited, but so nervous. I'm feeling that right now. I want to be fast, because I'm craving that cake over there, so......., enough talk about me, and more talk about Ms.Wasney's amazing grade 5 class, and the radical Birds Hill staff and teachers.
I want to thank all the teachers at Birds Hill, especially Ms.Wasney for making the best grade 5 year ever. I also want to thank Mr.Hargraves for keeping our school clean all year round. I would also like to thank Ms.Palamar for being the best principal I had at Birds Hill.  Thank-you to all the staff and teachers. I can't say this enough.
I have experienced many great things at Birds Hill school.  I enjoyed being in a leadership role such as, peacemaking on the play ground, Patrolling on the bus, lunch helping, and milk selling at lunch. Four very important roles at Birds Hill.
 Now moving on, to the amazing clubs Birds Hill had to offer. There were so much amazing clubs for grade 5 this year. My favorite club was S.P.I.N club. Supporting people in need, I would never skip an opportunity like that! As soon as I heard of S.P.I.N club, I told my best friend Katrina "we need to join this." S.P.I.N club was an amazing experience. Thank you Ms.Wasney and Ms.Tresoor for organizing this great club.
Bird's Hill has clubs for everyone, such as Sport clubs, Drama club, and music clubs. This year Ms.Rand offered a lot of clubs. One that caught my eye was handball. A lot of my class mates joined handball. There is also drama. Grade 3s, 4s and 5s were able to join it. It was cool because everyone reinacted Robert Munch plays. I loved it. We also had music clubs which Ms.Knoll offered such as Recorder club and WSO. Did you attend our celebration of the arts? If you did, you know what I'm talking about, our song and performance rocked! Just imagine joining all those awesome clubs. 
Know what, I have something, I've been dying to say. Knock knock, Iowa, Iowa a lot to my mother and father for helping me threw the ups and downs this school year! Ha ha!
I would like to share my favorite subject. I seriously loved math class, even though the math sheets hated me, I loved it. Math was something hard on me and I enjoyed sitting down and figuring things out. I like to be challenged. 
Know what else I loved, Art, my absolute favorite art peace, was the very first art Ms.Wasney's class ever did. It's the cover of everyone's portfolio, and every time I would see someone's portfolio, the artwork would catch my eye. A colourful piece of paper saying words, row by row, saying something nice about their beautiful personalities.
Just when you're enjoying your class time such as math and art, as I mentioned, We switch  off, and we go to some amazing field trips. Examples are, the grade 5's went to Oak Hammock Marsh and the Manitoba Science Museum.
I had a great school year. This year I met a lot of new friends, such as all of the grade 4s in my class. Ms.Wasney is amazing, so truly grade 5 was the time of my life!
Now, I'm ending this speech once and for all, but I'm not ending it with a thank-you, because seems to me every speech ends with thank-you, so I will  end it, with a farewell.        
Farewell.

No comments: