Tuesday, November 17, 2015

SPIN Club goes to WE Day!

I think attending WE Day Manitoba is by far one of my favourite teaching days of the year! It is so inspiring to attend the event with 16 000 "change making" youth from across the province! The purpose is to kick start our year of campaigns in association with Free the Children. Mrs. Tresoor, Mrs. Dyck and I took 26 Grade 5 SPIN Club members to the MTS Centre yesterday. When we returned to school, we reflected on the day. Here are thoughts from some students:


At WE Day, the person that inspired me was Spencer West because he said lots of different stuff that all meant: No matter how old you are or what you can’t do, that YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. All the other stuff that made me feel good was all the people willing to make a change to the whole world.


The other thing that inspired me was when people waved their phones. It looked like I was in space. It also looked like they weren’t phones floating in mid air . . . they represented sparks of ideas.      – Tommy-Lee

Today was an inspiring Monday. WE Day changed my life. Out of everything, and I mean everything, my favourite presenter was Liz Trinnear. She has such a great message to the world in 2 words: imagination and engineering . . . Imagineering.    

 - Rebecca

Craig Kielburger and his brother Marc spoke into my heart by talking about how to change the world. JR Martinez inspired me by telling us his story. His friends worried about him, so when he was recovered he worried so much for them.      - Cory

I think my favourite part of WE Day was when Henry Winkler and Marlee Matlin came on stage! Marlee Matlin did sign-language and said “believe in yourself” because people told her she couldn’t succeed in life, but she did!     - Sierra

I was inspired by Elliot because he’s not much older than me and involved. The same thing that he did, I’d like to do.      - Donavan
 


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ms. wasney i loved going to We Day it was awesome.
by: Gina.

Anonymous said...

this video is cool, i bet it was so cool!
by:mackenzie.f.

Anonymous said...

hi ms wansey best vidoe ever


by xavier

Anonymous said...

This is such a cool vidio! I can wait o be in SPIN club next year!

By Isabella

Anonymous said...

I think WE day was amzaing I loved ever part of I the dancing was amzaing I loved the songs :}

Anonymous said...

Wow, There is lots of inspired students
By:Katrina