Friday, September 20, 2013

TWAS

Here is Emmy and her Name Art.
This week at school… On Monday we had a second round of the first day of school! The reason why is because we used to be a 4/5 split but there was also a 3/4 split, But the other grade 3 class had 28 kids! So they decided they would have no split classes for the 2013-2014 school year! It was crazy!!!! We played a game called find someone who… likes to stay up all night at sleepovers was one of them! Another one was find someone who wishes they were taller. I got asked a lot!! On Monday it was dot day. We played a dot day math game. It is a game where you try to make a square. It’s kind of like connect the dots. We got treats from Emily and Haley. Emily brought us cookies because her birthday was on Monday! Haley brought jolly ranchers from her mom's wedding. 

On Tuesday we did number of the day. Our number of the day was 113. Some of the things on the paper were tally the last 2 digits, count forward by 2’s and count backwards by 2’s. In French we learned to say how you doing. It wasn’t that fun because we learned it in grade 4! In science we did a kwl about weather. It stands for know, want to know and learned. 

On Wednesday we did a schonell spelling test. The 100th word was accommodate. We did word work. We had to make words out of some letters. There was one big word with all the letters it was alphabetical. In music we did recorder work. We worked on a song called home by Phillip Phillips. It is a little tricky though. In writing we did a heart map. The heart map is where you write thing that are close to you and are not so close. The middle of the heart was things that you love. I was a peacemaker on Wednesday. My partner was Hannah. We had no problems. 

On Thursday we had choir I was a super singer. A super singer is someone who sings really good in choir. We did handwriting. I finished I think I am really good at it. We had a basketball player who played in the university of Manitoba come to our school. His name is Mr.O. He is really nice. We did something called classroom expectations. I did two one of mine were speak kindly. 

On Friday which is today we typed up TWAS in the computer lab. We are going to do something called a million dots in math. I don’t know what that is though. Today I found out I get to sing with the WSO. I am really excited. We are going to do art called pointillism. I am excited to do art!! 

By Emmy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow whata long T.W.A.S did you in enjoy the week at school?

Emily