Thursday, January 19, 2012

Attribute Shields

We have been working on Attribute Shields which was a job that involved ELA, Social Studies, Health, and of course . . . ART! The students had to choose colours that represented their different attributes, or personality traits. Then, they had to choose an animal from Medicine Cards from the Aboriginal culture. Next, they had to create a write-up that described each colour and their chosen animal and explain why that attribute was perfect for them. Students typed up their write-ups and then this week, we were able to get creative! We painted the shields and drew our animals. It was a fun activity and I think the students were quite insightful in choosing their colours and animal! Enjoy the video!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow



Colin

Anonymous said...

that was fun when are we doing more art


from faith

Anonymous said...

Wow! I loved the video! Is it hard
to make this video?

Chelsea

Anonymous said...

Hello Ms.Wasney,
Wow you guys did a really good job on those! I think the one that I did was an armidillo. They are one of my favourite animals but the thing that told you about them sounded a lot like me. That's why I chose it! Except I forget what the meaning is... What animal did you do? Did you do the same one as last year or has your personality changed in a year....:P

Can't wait to read more about the activitys you guys do!

MaDiSoN-the one and only!!

Ms. Wasney said...

Maddie . . . You really think my personality changes from year to year?!

Thanks for checking out our blog! I really kinda wish we started this last year when you were in my class. But look at you now . . . all grown up with your OWN blog!

Ms. Wasney :)