Friday, October 12, 2018

Fun in a 4-day Week!

Grade 5 Science
With this being a 4-day week, the days sure flew by! We are starting to use the laptops to type up our TWAS each week and students are asked to write about at least one thing for each day. Here is Taiya's write-up . . .

Monday

THANKSGIVING!!!!!! My cousins Hailey and Alivia came over for thanksgiving and of course my mom’s mom and dad are living at our place so they were there to. We had so much food it was crazy we had mashed potatoes and roast beef and Shrimp and we had PEROGIES and they brought a looking like 5-foot-long pumpkin pie it was delishes. And we watched some family movies and it was the best it was fun we all had a blast we also all played trouble as a family game I won 3 games

Tuesday

We had library and Ms. Wasney read us wonder we read 2 chapters wonder is my favourite book it is such an encouraging book I love all the characters after we were done reading we got to pick our library books I picked some classroom made books I like to read them because they are about animals.

Word Work Wednesday
We did weekend wind up I had plenty to share with the class the weekend was so long we had Friday off and Monday because Monday was thanks giving I shared that on Saturday I went to the mall with my cousins Hailey and Alivia and my mom and it was a girls night except I was not feeling good when we got there we went to some winter boot store for shoes and I picked winter boots and then we went to shoppers drug mart to get advile because I had a fever and we ate dinner there to we had A and W.

Wednesday

Today we had our very first early dismissal we got to go home 50 minutes early so the day felt pretty darn short but that’s ok because I would prefer not to come to school when I went home I got to slowly instead of rushing out the door get ready for gymnastics so it was nice and I got to eat dinner at home and then go to gym.

I got to start another book for BHS reads I am reading dear dumb diary 2 it is really good so far, it’s about boy troubles its good the main characters are Isabella Jamie and Hudson rivers I’m on page 48.

Thursday

 We did our 3rd I think science class each grade 4 and 5 had to watch a science video we also got to use text books for the first time they are pretty fun and pretty easy I liked how they just show you exactly what to do you just had to copy what it said we had to talk about weather and clouds it seems boring but its really fun to learn about weather.

Book Buddies with 2/3Gale
We had or first spelling quiz and I was not really a spelling quiz she just wanted to know where we were at we wrote 50 words done but they were really easy but she said that after 50 they get harder and harder but I am a really good speller so they are probably going to be pretty easy.

Friday

  We had gym It was fun because we got to start getting into volleyball and it is fun and I love going to the tournament we worked on serving and I think my serve needs a little work just to keep it straight not all the way on the other side of the gym. And we worked on bumps and they are easy I didn’t have a challenge and at the beginning we got to have a rally going we got one going me and anna I was easy we just kept hitting the ball back and forward.  

We had a fun math job we used a spinner and we had to try to make large numbers and small numbers I was the best at none of them on try to make big numbers I got lots of small numbers and on try to make small numbers I got big numbers and I mostly got nines I got 9 nines all together and I got 1 three

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

good job taiya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
levi

Anonymous said...

good job taiya!!!

by landyn

Anonymous said...

wow a busy week! I wonder what next week will bring!
-Ryann