Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Reading takes Flight!


Today, we entered in the "Reading Takes Flight" contest offered by the Winnipeg Jets. We brainstormed the top 5 reasons why a player should visit Room 31 during "I Love to Read Month" in February. Here's what we came up with:

- We're special - we held a JETS assembly when they made the playoffs and were even filmed by CTV!
- 17/23 of us always watch the games and LOVE watching you win!
- Our whole school supports the Jets . . . lots of us wear jerseys on game days!
- Our community (East St. Paul) REALLY supports hockey!
- We want to be inspired by hearing your journey to become NHL players!

I have entered this contest for the last few years, so we're crossing our fingers again! Last year, 13 classes were visited and quite a few were from our division! We have to wait until February to hear if we are one of the lucky classes!

You can increase our chances by filling out a ballot HERE.


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really hope that we win and the jets get to come to our class









dylan

Anonymous said...

love the picture you have put up looks boss




kaitlyn j

Anonymous said...

I hope that we win
from laine

Anonymous said...

in the picture I think I'm falling down and I hope we get a jets member to come to our class!

By:Katrina

Anonymous said...

Hi Ms.Wasney Its Isabella, Thank you for letting us know what it is called because when I get home I am going to enter our class so we have more chances

Anonymous said...

I really hope we win. I am crossing my fingers. if we win I want shifelee and thorburn!
-Max

Anonymous said...

hi Mrs. wasney I love how you do this every year. we did this same thing in Mrs. Dodds class. why do you do this every year.







by jace

Anonymous said...

hi ms.wasney I really hope we win
-carter grace

Anonymous said...

hi its Mackenzie A and I really hope we win I am crossing my fingers!

Anonymous said...

I love the jets. hope they visit our class. by jackr

Anonymous said...

cant wait if we win btw is ther 2 or one comeing rom corbin^-^

Anonymous said...

OUR CLASS VERY EXCITED TO WIN AND MEET SOME PLAYERS WE WILL BE SAD IF WE LOSE.