Friday, March 21, 2014

Rainy Day Umbrellas!

Yesterday, we made some adorable "First Day of Spring" Art . . . even though the weather isn't feeling like Spring yet! We have received loads of compliments so far. I think everyone is craving a little "brightness" in our days! You can check out this art on Artsonia by clicking HERE.


On Thursday we did a spring art. We used a pencil and traced or drew our own umbrella then we added a rectangle for the body and added some details like the buttons, the pocket and the zipper. Then we took oil pastels and coloured it all in. My umbrella is Metallic Purple and Sky Blue. We also coloured in the coat. My coat is neon pink. My rainboots are black. You could choose if you added raindrops. I did because I think it looks better with an umbrella. We also could add a puddle underneath our boots. Then we could add some bright healthy green grass to make it look springier. After that we went to the bean table and painted the background. There were two shades of blue. One was more turquoise and the other was a darker blue. I picked the darker blue. Then we put it on the drying rack. I really liked doing this art!!!!
By: Madison 

1 comment:

Taylor T. said...

that was so fun to make!!!