Friday, December 13, 2013

TWAS

Emmy, Austin, Alyssa, and their book buddies.

Today, we have 3 people sharing TWAS on the blog this week! So, I'm taking bits and pieces from all their writing to create the blog post! Enjoy!

Alyssa: This week at school on Monday we had IBL. I started getting pictures for my final project. I am doing a site called Smore. We had social studies. In social studies we started a new thing to do and now we are doing the European Explorers. Did you know that Christopher Columbus wasn’t the first to discover North America? The Norse were the first to discover North America. We also had gym in the music room because we couldn’t go in the gym because the stage was set up for the Christmas concert because it was on Tuesday. We also had math. In math we did multiplication chart and we also did a multiplication wheel.

Cards for our Book Buddies!
Emmy: On Tuesday we had a dress rehearsal for our Christmas concert. It was a medieval Christmas concert. Our class sang Masters in this Hall, we played a song on recorder called We Three Kings and we sang Adiamus. Then we had our Afternoon concert. It went really well. I got to sell gift tags that the SPIN Club made. At the evening concert I also sold gift tags. One guy bought 9 tags so he gave us $30 and said “keep the $3 change”. All the money went to buy bricks for a school in Nicaragua. We made cards for our book buddies. It was really fun. Since I have 2 buddies I had to make 2 cards. I can’t wait to give them the cards.

Alyssa: On Wednesday we had read to self but me and Emmy were Austin’s buddies, so we read to him. We read him a book called Reading is Fun, or something like that and he really loved it. We had gym in the hut with Mr.O. We had stations and we got to do long jump. It was so much fun. I think my record was 136 or something like that but I know it was in the 30s. We also had our last library until after Christmas break. I got a book about dolphins.  We also had math but I don’t remember what we did. But I think it was all around the world a really fun math game. 

Austin: On Thursday we went to a church to pack food hampers for people In East St. Paul. Emmy and Haley rode on my bus. We coloured hamper boxes so they didn’t look plain and we sorted things for the hampers. We had art. We used pastels and made pine trees with an ornament. Taylor helped me with mine. We had gym in the gym.
Alyssa's dog, Ace, visited our class on Friday!




Emmy: On Friday I shared my winter book. I read The Night before Christmas. We had a presentation about sustainability with Mrs. Tresoor's class. We have book buddies. I am going to give them my cards. We had music. We played spin the bottle recorder edition. It was really fun.

No comments: