Friday, May 17, 2013

TWAS

Math- equality
Did you know that the equal sign doesn’t mean “What the answer is”? It means the same on both sides. So if 2+4 is on one side of the equal sign, then the same thing should be on the other to make it “equal”. So on the other side would be 3+3, 6, or ANYTHING that is the same as 2+4.  We did lots of work on that stuff. We even started “Letter” math, which is VERY confusing to lots of people including me. There were division questions, multiplication questions, adding questions, and subtraction questions.
Hero Writing- to my greatest hero
                Lots of kids finished their good copy, which you have to use a blue pen, and nice sheet of paper, and your best printing. I did mine to Robin, my piano teacher. First I brainstormed some ideas on a chart that I made then I listed them and why on a paper. Then I went on my first copy and copied the reasons on the paper. The only thing I did wrong was I forgot to skip lines. Then at the end when I added detail to all the reasons I put “And that’s why YOU are my hero” and ended with “–Reagan”. Then I got my blue pen out and did the good copy AFTER Ms. Wasney corrected all my mistakes. I did my good copy in handwriting.
                Ms. Wasney gave me an envelope to decorate and I put a rainbow over top of the name “Robin” and in the corner I put a fake piano stamp.
Rooftop Photo- Stop Pollution, it kills things! 
                It was rooftop photos today! But I didn’t order any. On the way to the front of the school EVERYBODY noticed the black stuff on the tree. Me and Memphis saw it too. I told her that it was called blight and it is a disease for trees. I told her that there are lots of trees like that at my cabin. It was really fun to look up at the camera on the roof and laugh and giggle. And giggle. And giggle. And last, smile. Everybody said “CHEESE” really loud about 4 times. Then I thought that maybe the pollution is doing it to the trees. And if it isn’t, it is still killing and hurting other things! Like maybe animals are dying from pollution! NO POLLUTION! IT KILLS THINGS! Ya that would be awesome if there was no pollution, only teleporters.
Expert Project- Carly, Nat, Nick M., Brooklyn, and Kyla.
                Carly did hers on Giraffes with a prezi. She had lots of cute pictures, and as I am typing this, I realize giraffes were the perfect choice for her. She's tall and so are giraffes!
                He did the New York Rangers. Nat did a PowerPoint and he added some animations, which makes PowerPoint's better. He also put some cool transitions. Nick did his on “The Winnipeg Jets”. Sooooo surprising. His was a prezi, but Brooklyn’s was a PowerPoint. She did hers on sea turtles. And Kyla is on her forth now so she obviously did her third. She did “Bottlenose Dolphins”.
Instagram challenge- My favourite
                It’s my turn on my turn on Sunday! But I am doing it on Tuesday instead. I am doing smile. But I didn’t do it yet so ya. My favourite so far was one of the handprint ones, maybe the welcome sign or… I don’t know right now.
Gym- Skipping routine, and badminton
                Me and Mem did a routine that was kinda messy and when we were preforming we kinda messed up a bit, but we still got a 4!!! I am finally getting better at badminton! I was versing Lindsay and we kept up a bit but I need to work on my serving.
Early Dismissal, AND the basketball tournament on Monday and Wednesday! 

Science and Health-

We had Book Buddies at the end
of the day!
 In science we are leaning about the digestive system, and I didn’t know that your small intestine was 5 FEET LONG!!! That is so amazing because it fits inside of a human BODY!!! And we didn’t really actually start health yet but Ms. Wasney told us some rules about it and there was a question box. After every health lesson you HAVE to put in a question, and if you don’t have one then a comment like, “I like your dress today” or something like that. At the beginning of every lesson, she reads them out loud.
By: Reagan 749 words

3 comments:

memphis said...

this is a supper good taws Reagan

Memphis

Anonymous said...

wow 749 words that a lot

Memphis

Ryan.S said...

Nice T.W.A.S reagan! I liked how u included lots of detail!