Friday, April 12, 2013

TWAS

 Over the last two weeks we have had 3 expert project presentations. Kyla was the first one to present and she studied red foxes, Ryan.S did his on Garfield and it was pretty good. Carly did hers on little penguins. It was interesting to learn that males have a hook on the end of its beak. I am doing mine on tigers and will be presenting it on Monday. I can’t wait to show all of the stuff I learned.

On Monday we had Amber Schuler come to BHS to talk about what free the children and me to we. It was both interesting and I felt sad seeing people being treated like they are rags. I found it hard to believe that you had to walk 2 km for dirty water. It would get extremely heavier.
Day of PINK!
On Wednesday it was day of pink. We had to make a badge, a bracelet and we made a poem. I was playing the bullied person and I had to write a poem about it. It was a fun activity.
For art we used different textures for a bunch of colours. After that we had to make a sky background. The final step was to make flowers out of them. They look so cool with all the different textures.
In math we are doing division. I learned how to do it while I was in grade 2 by my dad. I found it easy so now we are starting to do long division. It is a bit harder but I will get the hang of it.
We have been practicing for the spring concert lately. I do two songs. Step Back Baby and let’s jam. In Step Back Baby I am an instrument. It is an easy pattern but was hard to get the hang of at first. Let’s jam I have to dance and sing and I love the beat of the song.
Today the patrols went to wheelies for the morning. I had so much fun but it was only the second time I have ever went roller-skating. I wasn’t that good at first but I was doing well at the end. In science we have been doing simple machines. We learned about screws yesterday. I learned that a screw is a twisted inclined plane that holds things together. I also learned that a inclined plane helps spread out the work and it actually works. A wedge is something that holds things apart to rather than prying it open.
In gym we had to go to the music room due to the stage in the gym. We got to go on moon hoppers and we played triangle tag. One person would have to get the person across of them and the other two blocks the tagger. In music I have been practicing on the instruments. It is going to sound great and I know it. I can’t wait till the concert. In library I got to sit on the bean bag. I decided not to take out a book while I was there.
New attendance for April!
It has been a week full of activities.
By: Michael    

No comments: