Friday, April 13, 2012

Earth Day Writing + Art = Great Reflections

With Earth Day approaching, we have been doing some writing and fun art. A BIG thank you to my mom for donating a bunch of fabric scraps and buttons to our classroom! We ended up making some beautiful flower art; which was a fun and creative way to reuse some items. You can see this artwork on Artsonia, by clicking HERE. Yesterday, we "painted" with food colouring and eyedroppers to make our very own earths! (It was so cute that the Grade 3s remembered doing a similar activity for colour mixing when I taught them in Kindergarten!) I was really impressed with the students' writing about how to reduce, reuse, and recycle everyday at home and at school. We made a class book of their reflections. We hope you enjoy the video about the Earth Day art we have created over the past week!

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Grade 3 and 4,
I LOVE Earth Day! The activities you are doing to recognize Earth Day sound really great. I love the art you did, I would love to frame a piece of art like that in Emily's nursery! I wonder how I will celebrate Earth Day at home with Emily and Jeff, any suggestions?
Is there going to be a playground clean up? Or maybe you could do a clean up around town!
I hope some of you post the writing you did so I can read it.
Have a great weekend!
-Mrs. Dent Scarcello :)

Anonymous said...

I like the art we did!


Colin