Thursday, March 16, 2017

Performing and Portfolios!

We have had an exciting week! We competed in the music festival on Monday, have done lots of research for social studies, and have been preparing for student-led conferences that start tonight. We also got to watch the gymnastics club this morning. Students in Grades 3-5 have been coming before school twice a week for 3 months to learn skills and work on a creative routine! Wow! Now that's dedication! Next week, they will be headed to the divisional tumbling rally. It was awesome to see so many Room 31 students involved!

Here is Brogan's TWAS from his Kidblog account:

Monday- Today is the music festival. We are going to lake wood school. We had a practice in the morning. Then we had recess had lunch after recess and left on the bus it was probably 10:40  and we got there around 11:45. Mrs. Dycks Class came with us they were first they preformed "Blizzard Warning" and "Managua". They were really good pieces. Then we preformed " Simple Simon" and " A Sailor". WE watched three schools after us then we left are class got GOLD and Mrs. Dycks class got SILVER. Then we got back to school we had a portfolio job we had to fill out a piece of paper then fill out on e more. Then soon after that we had gym we played spongee polo. It was really fun I got slashed a bit. but I was fine.        

Tuesday- Today we had our term 2 tribune. We had to write five things of what we have done in term 2. As a class we made a list of all the things we have done I got 2 things done. We also had a portfolio job we were foiling out the tags for our sleeves and pick the work we want in the sleeves. We had to choose 1 thing for ELA, 1 thing for math, 1 thing for social studies , 1 thing for science and I think that is it and health, French and music were optional. We also had the laptops in the computer lab and we were doing work on our European explores I think I am almost done.  

O Chart Celebration!
Wednesday- Today we had social studies on the lab tops in our class I got all my info that I am starting my power point. We also had math we were starting our math the new way I finished it. we also had gym we were going tp play spongee polo but as soon as I got out of the change room all I here is Brogan you are leaving and that is when I disappeared.      

Thursday-  Today we  watched the gymnastic club do there little performance it was really good they started in January and there movement piece was really good. we also had math and we corrected the 2 digit by 1 digit sheet then we had to do 3 digit by 1 digit  sheet I am almost done I am on the part where you make up your own questions. We are doing our T.W.A.S. right now and I am almost done. It is student led conferences mine is tonight at 5:30 and i am so excited.  

Sharing our portfolios!
Friday I am going to my friends house and we night make a YouTube video  the last we made one it wasn't great so we did not publish it.
Bye   

No comments: