Friday, October 21, 2016

A Wonderful Week!

This week, the students of Room 31 typed up their TWAS, instead of writing it in their writer's notebooks. This is one of the first steps towards publishing work on "Kidblog"! TWAS is generally done on Fridays, but this week we did it on Thursday, as Friday was a provincial in-service day. It is a summary of the activities from the week. Students are asked to write about 2 things for each day. We are also practicing "catchy titles" for our future blogs!

Here is Lucas' TWAS for the week!

Multiple Intelligences
On Monday we had science. We are learning about the properties of air. We learned a lot just by watching videos! It is a very interesting subject. We also had a survey about what kind of smart we are. I ended up being art and wonder. One had like ten people! It was CRAZY and MINDBLOWING!

On Tuesday, we started a paper blog. It is extremely fun. I am doing a ton of designs on mine. It is very cool. It will take me awhile to finish it but I will be proud. Then we did a school-wide writing job. We had to write about something we would never forget. I wrote about getting my dog Cooper. He is so silly.

French Bingo!
On Wednesday we had silver sneaker in gym! That is when you get to play anything you want. I played spongy polo. I was really sweaty. I was drenched in sweat. It was super fun. We had science again (it is not a bad thing). We learned about air fronts. I shared a text book. We had to draw some pictures on our sheet from the book. I do not mind science.

On Thursday we did a cool piece of art. We drew a MONSTER! We did our own designs on them. After we drew them we covered the body in water. Then we painted them with water colour paint. Then we covered the background in water and painted that. It is very fun. I love art! We are doing TWAS right now! I like TWAS BETTER in the computer lab. I like TWAS because it makes us remember what we did to become a smarter kid I hope we continue to do TWAS. 
Monster Selfies!

On Friday I do not know what I'm doing. I will probably play Wii U and Roblox and work on an art project I am doing . . . I will show you it someday.

By: Lucas





No comments: